There are more than 3.5 billion searches on Google every single day! But, don’t discount direct mailing just yet. While digital may seem like it’s overpowering the marketing world, direct mail still remains the second most-used medium tied with social media.
With more than 15 years in the industry, we know that it takes a unique suite of services and products to highlight each real estate company’s unique brand and voice. That’s where Communications Squared comes in.
We want to help you focus on what matters most — your clients and your business. Let us help you avoid these four common marketing challenges that most realtors face in the industry when marketing themselves, their successes, and their properties.
4 Common Real Estate Marketing Challenges
#1. Small Budgets
It’s not uncommon for small real estate firms or agents just getting started to eliminate marketing from their budgets. However, that doesn’t need to be the case.
- Look for marketing firms that offer a piecemeal approach. Reap the benefits of a professional firm with lower costs that work within your budget.
- Maximize your search engine optimization. Ranking high on search engines like Google means free traffic to your website but, more importantly, future clients.
- Build quality content. Write content that your readers want to read. Use free metric tools and surveys to measure and engage with your audience.
#2. Growing Teams
There is no doubt about it, growing your team takes time and dedication in order to create success. Team buy-in is crucial. You can leverage that effort to bring your team into your marketing planning.
Set the example by developing and practicing best practices, as well as providing foundational brand and content items to showcase your team’s value. Use a consistent voice and tone online as well as offline; in your content, printed marketing pieces, presentations, and social media accounts.
#3. Differentiating yourself from your competitors
Competition is fierce in real estate. Financial markets aside, no one agent “owns” a particular territory, meaning you are working hard to stand out and be noticed among dozens of realtors also marketing to a particular area or audience.
To differentiate yourself from your competition:
- Personalize your marketing materials. Use names and tailor content to your buyers and sellers.
- Utilize inspired designs that don’t look templated.
- Use local images to create a local connection.
- Be consistent in your brand’s colors, style, and look across all your marketing platforms.
- Appeal to your client’s emotions through storytelling.
#4. Staying up-to-date on marketing techniques
The “dos” and “don’ts” of marketing change regularly but the fundamentals stay the same. Effective marketing plans, whether digital or traditional, direct-mailing, all focus on getting the right content to the right audience at the right time in their buyer’s or seller’s journey.
The trends, however, are enough to make you dizzy. Keeping up, between showing homes and doing market research, isn’t easy. In general, remember to:
- Meet your clients where they are online — email newsletters, website, blog posts, social media.
- Engage with your audience — offer educational content, publicly respond to social replies, develop personalized emails.
- Embrace seasonal marketing — reach out to friends and clients during holidays, birthdays, or anniversaries with products that keep you recognized all year long.
Most importantly, stay consistent with the brand you are building. Consistency builds awareness and develops trust.
Start growing your influence & building your brand
Don’t let budget, team size, or marketing trends keep you from creating strong, lasting connections with your clients. Whether you are an established real estate firm or just getting started, with budget-friendly and custom approaches you can reap the benefits of investing in marketing.
Reach your audience — potential buyers and sellers, past clients, and current clients — with the right content at the right time.
Thanks to our experience with realtors throughout California and beyond for more than 10 years, the Communications Squared team brings experience, innovation, exceptional quality, and a responsive team ready to support your needs. Focus on what’s most important — your clients and business!