Content is important for any business, including real estate, for many reasons: It builds trust, spreads brand awareness and establishes your expertise. But knowing how to create that content can be difficult, which is why we’ve compiled a list of ways you can create real-estate content and showcase how your business is the best. Content is important for any business, including real estate, for many reasons: It builds trust, spreads brand awareness and establishes your expertise.
Before Anything, Make a Content Creation Goal Sheet
A content creation goal sheet is the first step in learning how to create real-estate content for your specific business. You need to sit down and identify various important factors related to your business, such as current reach and what your brand is.
No business can start creating stellar content through a guess. This goal sheet should be thorough, with you identifying some key requirements that all your content should meet or try to achieve, such as:
- More website traffic.
- Beating out your competitors.
- Showcasing your brand.
- Being sharable on social platforms.
- Helping close more deals.
Once you have this laid out, you can start brainstorming ways to create your real-estate content.
Written content can come in many forms, whether that be articles, blogs or text on marketing materials such as brochures or fliers. Writing offers the opportunity to tell a story and give your business more personality to gain an emotional connection with consumers.
You also can use writing to your own advantage and write things you’re passionate about, making yourself more “human.”
If you aren’t that great at writing, consider hiring someone who is to help with all of your written content. A content idea in the writing area is:
- Answering questions: When it comes to things people don’t understand, they usually have a lot of questions. This is specifically true for first-time homebuyers, so it’s your chance to slide in and give them the answers they need. You could do a forum where people input questions and then every week you do an article answering those. It shows you know what you’re talking about and you listen to customers, which is a win-win.
Photography is the next level of impact for content creation. It leaves a bit more impact on the consumer than writing does as it allows people to see what or who they’re reading about.
Customers often experience a business first through photos, so why not make sure all of the photos you post are impactful in some way.
The same thing goes for photography as for writing: If you’re not great at it, then you should consider hiring someone to take all of your professional photos. A content idea in the photo area would be:
- Photos of the best places to eat in the area you sell homes: Any good real-estate agent knows you’re not just selling a house, you’re selling a home and the community that comes with it. Although people love seeing beautiful pictures of amazing homes (there’s another idea!), they also want to see the area around it and all it can offer.
Last but certainly not least is video content. Over 50 percent of consumers prefer to see video content over other forms because it leaves more of an impact and really connects them to what they’re watching.
Video allows for voices to be heard and people and places to be seen in action rather than in a still photo that might not tell the whole story.
As we said before, hiring a videographer to get the best shots for your video might be a good idea if you don’t have the experience. You have to spend money to make money. A content idea in the video area would be:
- Testimonials: Consumers love recommendations and most likely will hear your name from someone, and that’s why they come looking for your business. Highlight all of the great closings you’ve had by asking past customers to give a referral or testimonial for you. Have someone interview about the process and highlight why you’re better than the competitors.
Have a Creative Plan
Knowing how to create real-estate content can be hard, but by knowing the areas in which your business can create the best content, you’re one step closer to more website traffic, more reach and better brand awareness.
If you want to continue talking about content creation and need some more guidance on how to move forward, feel free to reach out on our contact page. We would be happy to help you come up with many more ways to create real-estate content that makes an impact.
Google My Business
Content is important for any business: It builds trust, spreads brand awareness and establishes your expertise. But knowing how to create that content can be difficult, which is why we’ve compiled a list of ways you can create real-estate content using text, photo and video.